Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Adobe Reader direct download

I already dumped Adobe Reader for Foxit Reader as it is tiny in size, runs fast, and consumes less system resources. Today, I was checking a mutual fund consolidated statement, which was not opening in Foxit as it was intended to be opened only in Adobe Reader. So, I went to Adobe Reader website to download it. I was browsing through Firefox. It downloaded a plugin called “Adobe DLM” to download the reader. It asked me to restart the Firefox and then started downloading McAfee Scanner without my permission, installed it, and then started downloading Adobe Reader. It looked to me nonsense. Why the hell we need the plugin and a virus scanner just to install the Reader.
So, I did a search on the Internet and found the direct FTP link to it. I thought it would post this direct link for the people to download easily without going through the hassles of plugins and scanners. Here you go:
Click on your respective operating system. Hint: win for Windows. Then, select the latest version. At the time of this writing, the latest version is 9.x. Then, the latest release. Again, at the time of this writing, the latest release was 9.4.0. Click on that and then, select you language. For English, select en_US. You can download either EXE file or MSI. EXE is smaller in size, so it will be the best option.
I have Deep Freeze installed in my system, so after installing Adobe Reader and reading the Adobe-only Mutual Fund Statement, I just restarted my system and it went back to its earlier state making it Foxit Reader-Only system :)

No comments: