Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Interview - General

What is the 1st strength and 1st weakness related to job?

U need not really disclose u'r weakness which wud be a big obstacle in fetching u this job,just for the heck of answering u'r interviewer.

U may state some thing that would sound like u'r weakness but cud be u'r strength-I'm lil emotional and loose some patience when the job is not performed right. However I don't loose much patience/temper but I think i need to keep more cool and I 'm working towards it and it's really showing good result now.

What would you say are areas needing improvement?

I always aim at perfection but i suppose i need to work a little hard to accept the principle of bounded rationality and work with a realistic scenario. But I would still continue to aim at best possible solution.

Do you prefer working alone or in groups?

I'm an individual contributor as well as group contributor. How ever I would prefer to work with a group as it would give more views/solutions/alternatives to a single situation/problem and there is a lot of scope to learn new and quick ways of doing the things. It peps up the challenging spirit in you and you thrive to perform better and better as your efforts get larger visability.Last but not the least it's fun to work in a group/share/learn/argue and finally get associated with the success as contributed by the group/team efforts.

What kind of people do you find it most difficult to work with? Why?

The people who gives more importance to their personal attributes than the work.....lasy about work....and non- co-operative, it is quit difficult to work with such kind of people...it affects work.

Why are you leaving your present job? (or, Why did you leave your last job?)

Be positive regardless of the circumstances. Never refer to a major problem with management and never speak ill of supervisors, co-workers or the organization. If you do, you will be the one looking bad. Keep smiling and talk about leaving for a positive reason such as an opportunity, a chance to do something special or other forward-looking reasons.

What is important to you in a company? What things do you look for in an organization?

My goals and capabilities should gel with the same of the company. I look forward to an organisation with which i'm able to step forward towards my goals but at the same time add a respectable portion to the company's basket also

I look for professional environment/cooperative colleagues-lots of learning and sharing/continuous learning/opportunities to enhance my skills/visibility/recognition to my efforts/last but not the least fun at work :)

Where do you see yourself after 10 years?

I like to see myself at a position where i can use my creativity to the best. For those who really don’t know much about technical fields and the branches much this answer will do or another reply would be like itll be up to u (the interviewer)to place me at a position where my talent is most tapped.

What is your long-term employment or career objective?

I made my self both short term and long term goal in career

my short term goal is to learn new technology and make my self techincally strong as well as in people management skill which will make sure me ,to acheive my long term goal as soon as possible

What might make you leave this job?

Never give negative responses for a question like this . Complaining abt d last employer is never advisable. Always focus on what you have learnt from your last organization and emphasis on your willingness to learn and grow and seek better opportunity . Put yourself always in the psitive frame of mind of the interviewer. Never complain abt your last job or organization.

What kind of job do you see yourself holding five years from now?

I would like to see my self contributing positively to the organization i would be working for. I would develope new skills and ability and would like more responsibilities becoz i think thats the result of your personal growth and development.

Why might you be successful in such a job?

I would make a good employee with _____________ because I sincerely believe that I'm the best person for the job. I bring a strong quality that makes me the very best person for the job--my attitude for excellence. I am a team player, humble, keep promises, polite, I willing to pay the price to achieve realistic goals, willing to go beyond the call of duty, generous, conscientious, having honesty and integrity, flexible, hard working, positive thinking, not waiting for things to happen instead I am proactive in life.
As part of the fastest growing segment of the exciting entertainment industry, TooSpoiled will benefit from my attitude.

What things give you the greatest satisfaction at work?

A day in which I am able to help atleast one person either technically, or just in general by motivating him / her to achieve his / her desired goal. A smile in the face of people at work is something I crave for. It really makes the environment lively and eases the stress at work. For my kind of work I desire to work with people who r 'cool like cucumber'

What is the difference between a programmer and the developer?

A programmer job is to code as per given design. A developer developes the software/module from understanding the requirement, then design the solution,code it and then test the same.

"programmers" (people that specialize in writing code)"developers" (people who will contribute in multiple ways to make the product successful).

How would you describe yourself as a person?

i am basically a simple , adjusting and funloving person, whom others consider as sincere and friendly too.But they also consider me as modest, and i dont know whether i am all this.

I would describe myself as a very ambitious , hardworking and sincere girl.I am enthusiastic about taking up new challenges in life.Friendly and joyful is what my friends would describe me as.

I consider my self as a hardworking and apitious person . Programming is a major part of my life , and so I spend most of the day Reding and searching and downloading ready code .. At my free time , I like solely walks , eating Ice cream , and listening to Music .

can describe myself as " Strength is life but Weakness is death."

What kind of things do you feel most confident in doing?

I'd like to do things that r interesting AND THAT WILL ALWAYS HAVE SOME MYSTERY in it.I'd like to do creative things.

i feel most confident in doing the things that require a fair amount of intellectual thinking,introspectionand creativity, in general, anything that captures my interest.

I prefer to work hard for a task which gives me ample creative space because:

Hard work + Creativity + Confident = Positive Payoffs

What things frustrate you the most? How do you usually cope with them?

The most frustrating thing of all is not doing your work when supposed to do and instead just taking things easily.And to cope up with it i try to complete at least my work asassigned or else if i am not able to do it on time ,i at least give it a sincere try.

No comments: